Free Roulette Bonus
As a first time player, some casinos do offer a free roulette bonus. These online casinos are hard to find because most online casinos exclude games with low margin from bonus play.
Enjoy the excitement of seeing the ball bouncing until it comes to rest on one of the 37 or 38 numbers on the wheel. The number fields are alternately colored red and black; the 0 and 00 fields are green. The bets though keep everything interesting. If you want to be tagged as a bonus abuser then just try betting on red or black (if it wasn’t for the 0, this would be a 50/50 bet). With such low odds, it’s obvious you are simply trying meet bonus requirements instead of truly playing at the casino and enjoying the welcome bonus itself. Playing the various other bets even things up a bit. Bigger wins are possible but of course, so are bigger losses possible! More risk of your own money and not just theirs, that is what the casino wants.
Inside & Outside Bets
You make inside bets on specific numbers or group of numbers on the table layout. There are:
- Straight-up bet: made on a single number, pays 35:1.
- Split bet: placed on the line between two adjoining numbers. 17:1 payout.
- Street bet: made on three numbers in a row, pays 11:1.
- Corner bet: placed on four adjoining numbers that form a square, 8:1 payout.
- Five-number bet: made on the five numbers 0, 00, 1, 2 and 3. Pays 6:1.
- Six-number bet: also known as a line bet. This bet covers two adjacent rows of numbers and pays 5:1.
Outside bets are placed outside the numbers grid on numbers, colors or fields with a common characteristic.
- Red or Black: bet on one or the other. Since there are 18 of each the bet pays 1:1.
- Odd or Even: Guess whether the winning number will be odd or even. Also pays 1:1.
- Low or High: Will the ball come to rest on a number between 1 and 18 or in the 19 to 36 range? Pays 1:1.
- Column Bets: Placed on the 12 numbers in any of the three columns on the layout. Pays 2:1.
- Dozens Bets: Bet that the ball will settle in the first dozen (numbers 1-12), the second dozen (numbers 13-24) or the third dozen (numbers 25-36). Pays 2:1.
You may even bet on two columns or two Dozens simultaneously. But that’s related to system betting, a subject my friend, Izak Matatya, covers on www.letstalkwinning.com.
Now you know the basics of roulette, you can read more detailed information about roulette rules here.
Practice Roulette for Free
If you’re a bit rusty at roulette, it might be an idea to first get re-acquainted with the game, before taking advantage of the free Roulette bonus. Most online casinos let you play for free, in ‘fun’ mode. The best way to improve is to practice when it doesn’t cost anything.
To find free roulette bonus money you will need to read our online roulette bonuses page for more info.